Flavorful, fresh & packed with nutrients! Grilled lemongrass chicken on a bed of fresh crunchy veggies + vermicelli noodles! So simple and healthy! Great for dinner or leftovers for lunch!
One of my favorite things about Vietnamese vermicelli bowls is the amount of fresh veggies I can pack in! I love carrots, daikon, fresh greens and bean sprouts! This is light but filling dish! The noodles and fresh veggies tossed with the fish sauce is amazing and light! The grilled lemongrass chicken is the perfect addition that brings the whole dish together!
Lemongrass has pale yellow-green tough stalk and a light citrus scent. It brings a unique flavor to the dish! Whenever I order from a Vietnamese restaurant, I’d likely get a vermicelli bowl (and spring rolls) !!
Hope you love this as much as I did!! xx
Lemongrass Chicken Vermicelli Bowl
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground singer
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Fish Sauce Dressing
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cane or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a small mason jar, whisk together fish sauce. Leave to side.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together garlic, chopped lemongrass, soy sauce, fish sauce, ground ginger, sea salt and black pepper. Add in chicken thighs and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare noodles by preparing according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Leave to side.
- When chicken is done marinating, preheat pan with sesame or olive oil. Add in chicken and cook for 5 minutes, flipping as needed.
- Add on top of vermicelli noodles with fresh lettuce, bean sprouts, shredded carrots and edamame!