This loaf is fruity and bursting with flavor in every slice! It smells like comfort and is perfect for breakfast or a snack!
I used the same recipe as my strawberry banana bread with two minor tweaks.
I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour for my strawberry banana bread recipe. For this recipe, I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour instead and 1/2 cup gluten-free AP! I have about 3 pounds of whole wheat flour so I gotta put it to use LOL I’ll be trying out many other whole wheat recipes 🙂
Also, there is so much joy in baking a loaf of banana bread!! Compared to other breads, banana bread is different. I always have frozen bananas on me in case I have a sudden desire to bake banana bread. Right now, I have 8 in my freezer! The most I’ve ever had was 30. Yes, 30. I made a lot of banana bread during that time!
In the photo below, the raspberries folded in at the end was tossed in some flour. This helps prevent the raspberries from releasing too much of it’s liquid and also helps prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom while baking.
I allowed the bread to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. It’s always such temptation to cut it within 5-10 minutes but it’s worth waiting because it allows the bread to set.
I cleaned up, loaded my dishwasher and showered before coming back to cut this loaf! Then I immediately took a bite before the pic. Of course, classic Winnie move. I finished that slice right away after this photo!
I hope you enjoy this recipe is you decide to make it. You can easily sub any other berry like blueberries or blackberries as well!
If you make this recipe, please let me know and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see it!
Whole Wheat Raspberry Banana Bread
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 extra ripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, melt coconut oil and mix in sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, then add mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients into wet banana mixture. Gently mix to prevent overmixing!
- Bake for 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. allow to cool for 15 minutes before slicing into loaves!
Leave a Reply