Sautéed beef tips with fresh basil and mushrooms tossed with pappardelle – large, flat wide noodles! This flavors and textures of this pasta makes the dish unique and more fun to eat!
Introducing… my new favorite pasta shape, pappardelle! I like how the sauce coats the pasta well so you really get lots of flavor in each big bite!
Also, if you haven’t realized by now, I LOVE basil in my pasta dishes. They really elevate more earthy flavors – and makes it taste so fresh with just a small portion of fresh basil!
Beef Pappardelle Pasta with Basil and Portabello
- 8 oz pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz beef tips
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup basil packed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Prepare pappardelle pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Remove 1/4 cup pasta water and leave to side. Drain pasta and leave to side.
- In a large pan, heat up olive oil on medium heat. Add in beef tips to cook until done. Remove from pan and leave to side.
- Wipe pan with a paper towel to remove excess oil and leftovers on pan. Add more oil and then shallots and mushrooms to cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add dried basil and red pepper flakes. Add in tomato paste, reserved pasta water and balsamic vinegar!
- Toss in pasta to combine everything together! Top with more red pepper flakes!