Easy 30 minute meal packed with earthy flavor from basil and spice from chili garlic! Served on top of rice, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds! So delicious!
Chili garlic oil makes an Asian stir-fry taste so much better! The spice and basil here work so well together and makes just a simple ground chicken stir-fry so delicious!
This recipe was just what I needed for a quick meal when I want to whip something up in under 30 minutes!
Garlic Chicken & Basil Rice Bowl
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water
- Garnish: black sesame seeds, green onions
Spicy Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Whisk together sauce and leave to side. Also, whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Preheat a pan to medium heat with olive oil. Add onions to cook until softened. Push onions to the side and add in ground chicken to cook until no longer pink.
- Toss in basil, garlic and the sauce to combine.
- Allow chicken to cook with sauce for 1 minute, then add in cornstarch mixture to cook on low heat until sauce is thickened. Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions!