This sourdough french toast is soaked in a mixture with shredded coconut and topped with both cashews and cashew butter! A delicious breakfast option!
Sourdough has a slightly sour taste and is easier to digest than your usual bread. This bread has a unique fermentation process, which contains prebiotics, an indigestible fiber to keep your gut healthy!
When it comes to french toast, it’s best to use thicker toast like a brioche bread or sourdough! Sourdough is a great choice because it’s a sturdy choice that soaks up the dip mixture without making the bread soggy when cooked.
Topped with cashews, cashew butter, shredded coconut, goji berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Coconut Cashew Sourdough French Toast
Sourdough french toast soaked in a mixture with shredded coconut and topped with cashews and cashew butter!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 tsp ghee/butter
French Toast Dip Mixture
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana sliced
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- cashews, shredded coconut, goji berries, cinnamon for topping
- First, make egg mixture by whisking together eggs and almond milk, coconut sugar, shredded coconut, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Dip both sides of sourdough toast into egg mixture.
- Preheat pan with ghee, and cook both sides of french toast until golden brown.
- Remove from pan when done and top with sliced bananas, cashew butter, cashews, shredded coconut, goji berries and sprinkle of cinnamon!
Leave a Reply