7 ingredient meyer lemon bars with a granola crust and a sweet and tart filling! Topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
I made these for the first time while I still lived at home with my parents and they were legit gone in 24 hours. They’re so unique for it’s granola crust which is only 3 ingredients!
Lemon cakes, cookies and bars are seriously my favorite! Citrus flavors such as lemon and lime are so refreshing on the palate and brings a crisp flavor to baked goods and recipes in general. Lemon blueberry, lemon raspberry and lemon poppyseed are three of my favorite combos with lemon. I also love a thick slice of lemon cake whenever I’m at my favorite coffee shop!
These bars are so delicious and so refreshing all seasons of the year. Lemon bars are best to be baked at lower temperatures to prevent over-baking since the filling is softer than most baked goods. The lemon curd filling is the most important part of the recipe. It should be substantial and not flimsy. The eggs in the recipe are super important because they help keep the structure so it doesn’t fall apart.
These bars are great to make for parties, brunches and just a fun treat to bake on weekend night! Make sure you use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor!
Granola Crust Lemon Bars
- 2 cups granola I used purely elizabeth
- 5 tbsp ghee/butter melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ghee melted
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- confectioners sugar, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- To make crust, crush granola with melted ghee + coconut sugar in your food processor/blender – or you can add it into a bag & crush.
- Spread granola crust along the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust bakes, mix all ingredients for lemon layer together.
- Pour lemon layer (it should be runny) over granola crust and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow pan to cool & cut into 9 bars.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours and dust with powdered sugar before serving!