Dairy-free and creamy chicken with carrots. Packed with flavorful herbs and perfect on a bed of rice or quinoa! A delicious weeknight dinner!
I’m always trying to find new ways to cook my chicken. I like to cook them in a sauce in the pan with a variety of herbs and fresh veggies. I commonly sauté it with salt + pepper + garlic, tamari, bbq sauce or an asian honey garlic sauce. I wanted something more creamy so I made this creamy dairy-free sauce to simmer with the chicken.
You can also sub in other veggies like zucchini or mushrooms which would taste just as delicious. I love recipes like this because it’s flexible with whatever veggies you have in your fridge. It’s one of those great clean out the fridge meals before you leave for the weekend!
I added a bit of dairy-free sour cream (Kite Hill brand) to make it more creamy. Parsley was stirred in and garnished on top to add balance to the dish! Also, to give it some green color 🙂
Creamy Chicken and Carrots
- 2 tbsp pink salt ghee
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 8 oz chicken breast cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil, for cooking
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- In a small bowl, mix together all purpose flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, parsley and oregano.
- In a small pot, melt 2 tbsp of ghee/butter or olive oil. mix in flour mixture.
- Add in chicken broth and almond milk and bring to a boil, then bring down to low heat and continue to stir and mix, dissolving all clumps.
- In a large pan, sauté carrots and onions in olive oil. Add in chicken breast chunks and cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Pour creamy sauce into pan with chicken and stir until combined. Mix in a handful for fresh parsley for more flavor. Top on a bed of rice/quinoa!