Air-fried falafels with hawaiian slider buns, spread of hummus, lettuce and tomato! These are so cute, simple and fresh for a quick lunch meal for yourself or your kids! They’re ready in 15 minutes which is always a winner in my books!
These are such a simple lunch it’s made me wonder why I didn’t try it before? It’s vegan if you use Hawaiian buns without dairy – I got mine from Trader Joes! The falafels are also from TJ’s in the frozen section!
These don’t require any extensive cooking, just air-frying the falafels and then adding them in between the sliders with hummus and veggies! The soft buns, crispy falafel, creamy hummus and fresh veggies all make it the perfect and ideal combo for lunch or dinner! They also last well so you can place them in your lunch containers to bring to work or even for your kids lunch!
I started off with slicing the top part of the buns off, then added a spread of hummus to the bottom, lettuce slices of tomato and then the falafel! The top buns are also slathered with hummus before placing on top and cutting into 6 sliders!
Who else is a falafel lover like me? I always have them stocked in my freezer for a quick meal like this! Sometimes, I’ll even air-fry falafels to add into my salads or bowls!
Easy 15-Minute Falafel Sliders
- 6 hawaiian slider buns
- 6 fully-cooked falafels I used TJs
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- Lettuce leaves and sliced roma tomato
- Prepare falafels according to package instructions. I air-fried TJ’s frozen falafel at 375F for 8 minutes. You can also bake them!
- Add hawaiian buns on a cutting board or flat plate. Slice off the top half and leave to side. Add spread of hummus on the bottom buns, top with lettuce, tomato, falafel.
- Add top half of slider buns back on top and cut into 6 sliders!
Leave a Reply