Layers of juicy diced cinnamon apples in the middle and on top! Each bite is so fluffy and soft – perfect for a cozy fall season! I would compare this to apple fritter bread and is perfect with the cinnamon glaze poured on top!
Cinnamon Apple Loaf with Cinnamon Glaze
- 1 large red apple peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan with spray or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Leave to side.
- In a large bowl whisk together wet ingredients – coconut oil, applesauce, eggs, almond milk and vanilla.
- Add in dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add half of the bread batter to the bottom of pan, spread an even layer with half of the cinnamon apple mixture. Add rest of batter on top and top off with rest of cinnamon apple mixture.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Allow loaf to cool in baking pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack for another 10 minutes. Drizzle glaze over loaf and cut into slices!