Chewy, soft and filled with cozy winter spices! These are also gluten-free! These are like iced oatmeal cookies with a little hint of winter spices perfect for this Christmas season. Enjoy with a cup of warm milk or your favorite cozy beverage!
I can’t believe it’s the last Christmas I have before baby comes in 12 weeks, which is crazy to me! I’m currently 29 weeks so time is definitely flying by. I have majority of all the things we need for baby (thank you Black Friday sales!) so we need to work on our nursery pretty soon! Maybe once the Christmas holiday season ends because things have been busy for us!
Third trimester fatigue is real though – I’ve been so tired and feel out of order by 3pm. I’m trying to get ahead of creating recipes so I can continue sharing for a few weeks after baby comes! I’ll just have everything drafted up ready for you all! 🙂
I know this is going to be a difficult season but I’m ready to face the challenges. It’s only going to grow me up in my relationship with God, marriage with my husband and push myself to my limits. I mean, SO many moms go through this!
I’m pushing myself to make as many recipes and cook whenever I can! I have symphysis pubis dysfunction so it hurts when I move too quickly, walk long periods, stand up from sitting or get out of my bar, turn over in bed or stand on one leg. I just need to be careful when moving and I’ve been stretching and doing some exercises to help with the pain! The belly brace band is super helpful right now! I wear it all the time when I’m cooking to help with my belly and back for support.
These cookies are chewy and so soft! I love the flavor of gingerbread cookies, bread, cakes and muffins! It’s so cozy and is perfect warm with a cup of my favorite winter drink!
Try this recipe to having on your table for those Christmas parties or for Christmas morning for the family!
Gingerbread Oat Cookes with Cinnamon Icing
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats ground into flour
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
Cinnamon Sugar Icing
- 1 cup confectioners sugar2 tablespoons almond milk Splash of vanilla extract1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk and molasses. Add in coconut oil to mix.
- Add rolled oats into a blender and ground until a flour consistency.
- Add ground oat flour into the large mixing bowl with all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet with liner. While oven is preheating, add cookie dough into fridge for 20 minutes.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet 2 inches apart to bake for 14 minutes until sides are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack!
- Prepare icing and drizzle over cookies when cooled!
Leave a Reply