Grain-free sweet potato brownies. Made with sweet potatoes, almond butter, coconut sugar and topped with carob chips!
I had 3 pound of sweet potatoes on my counter so I made fries with some and the rest went into the making of a batch of sweet potato brownies!
They’re SO FUDGEY. Halfway through baking, it smelled up the whole house and I couldn’t wait to take them out the oven! I’ve made sweet potato brownies before but I always love reinventing my recipes by playing with new ingredients!
The sweet potato is what makes this recipe SO fudgy while giving some hint of natural sweetness. Creamy almond butter works as a binder and gives some fudgy texture as well! Maple syrup works here as an unrefined sweetener. It can also be subbed for honey if you’d like!
I added 100% cacao powder to bring a brownie flavor. I also added carob chips which comes from the pod of a tree. Carob chips are mild and have a natural slightly sweet and toasty flavor. I tried it for the first time this month & I’ve been…obsessed.
Grain-Free Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 cup mashed sweet potato I removed the skin & steamed it until soft
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- Toppings: carob cups, more nut butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed sweet potato, creamy almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add in cacao powder, flax chia blend and sea salt.
- Gently fold in carob chips with a spatula.
- Pour into a 8 x 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with more carob chips and crumbled chocolate bits.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy! 🙂