Lightly crisp on the outside but thick and soft on the inside! These are the perfect spring or summer cookie to bake on weekends or for parties!
I recently moved to a new apartment and this is the first recipe I made there! It’s been exactly a month since our move-in date and it’s been so nice having a bigger space. It’s definitely a blessing to be able to have this opportunity to move to where we are now! Our kitchen is bigger & we have 2 bedrooms instead of one now!
We also have a really sweet community of friends here which was a priority for us. We didn’t want to compromise location with community. The housing market has been crazy here in LA so we’re going to wait just a bit longer and enjoy the space we have here for now!
Since it’s now Spring, I’m stocked up on lemons for all the baking! I’m thinking lemon cheesecake bars next?? I’ll take any recipe requests. I’m always down to try new recipes and get creative in the kitchen!
These cookies are fluffy and are soft thick cookies!
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Whisk in egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and cornstarch.
- Form into large golf ball sizes and place onto baking sheet at least 1” apart, flattening slightly with your palms.
- Bake for 18 minutes! Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely!
Leave a Reply