Soft and pillow-like cookies that will remind you of those Summer nights at the beach! These are made with almond flour so they are gluten-free friendly!
I had a bag of marshmallows laying around and I wanted to make s’mores. I didn’t have graham crackers or larger marshmallows so I had to find another alternative! I decided to use up some small marshmallows in cookies – then went to the grocery store for crackers and big marshmallows.
I’ll be making some s’mores at home or possibly at our rooftop since there’s a little place to make a campfire 🙂 Our rooftop has been one of my favorite places to chill since there’s a gym, tanning beds, chairs + campfire, a grill and a TV. With quarantine, I’m just wanting fresh air so being on a roof and looking at the beautiful view just brightens up my mood!
These cookies also brightened my mood. The marshmallows baked perfectly on top – a chewy texture and beautiful golden brown color. The cookies are also like pillows. So soft! I’ve use this base recipe in my lemon blueberry biscuit cookie recipe but changed it up a bit here.
I love baking muffins and cakes but this is definitely one of my favorite cookies as of now!
Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add egg, coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Add almond flour and baking powder to combine and fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place on baking sheet, placing 3-4 marshmallows on top of each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes!