A simple recipe with just spaghetti noodles tossed with crispy bacon, peas and a creamy sauce made from eggs! The trick to this recipe is stirring in the egg mixture with the heat off while the spaghetti and pan are still warm!
I’m always trying to find new pasta recipe ideas so this one was a winner! The unique part of this dish is the eggs are whisked together at the beginning to be tossed with the drained noodles and crumbled bacon right when they’re done cooking.
The cooking process for the eggs is with the heat off while the noodles and bacon are still hot. It’ll create a creamy sauce without curdling or cooking!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pasta water more as needed
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy, then crumble into small pieces. Remove bacon grease from pan then add bacon back into large skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and reserve pasta water on the side. Immediately add pasta to toss with crumbled bacon, along with frozen peas. Turn off heat.
- Stir in egg mixture, adding pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired creaminess. The cooked pasta and warm pan will help cook the eggs, but it should not curdle!
- Add more salt and pepper to taste! Top with red pepper flakes and sprinkle with parmesan/nutritional yeast if desired!