Crispy Salmon wrapped in corn tortillas, fresh cabbage and avocado-cilantro sauce made in the blender! These fish tacos are so fresh! Fish tacos go best with creamier sauces on top with avocado. I blended the avocado as a sauce which complemented each bite so well.
I love baking salmon but I thought I’d change it up a bit. The salmon was seared in a pan with avocado oil then placed into corn tortillas with cabbage, fresh cilantro and red onions on top! Add some avocado-cilantro sauce with a fresh squeeze of lime and you got yourself a winner.
I’m definitely going to be make more tacos in the near future. I use to make a lot of breakfast tacos but I think I’m getting into a kick for fresh fish tacos! Nest up, crusted halibut tacos? 🙂
For now, I’m going to enjoy these salmon tacos. The best part is the crispness of the salmon when searing in the pan 🙂
Salmon Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 4-oz salmon filets
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- lime wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish
Avocado-Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt of choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 small jalapeno optional
- Place all ingredients for the avocado-cilantro cream sauce into a blender. Process until smooth and leave to side.
- Brush salmon filets with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt + pepper to taste.
- Preheat skillet with olive oil to medium heat.
- Place salmon flesh down and cook for 2-3 minutes and then flip to cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes until crispy.
- Heat up your corn tortillas and add a handful of shredded cabbage as the base. Add salmon, avocado-cilantro cream sauce and fresh cilantro on top as garnish!