Think regular tacos in tortillas but crispy! These were pan fried which made all the difference. Stuffed with bbq ground beef, mozzarella and spinach!
Tacos are life. It’s one of my favorite things to order when I’m just wanting quick food! I made these corn tortillas crispy rather than just warming them up, it made such a big difference!
If you’ve never tried pan-fried tacos, I highly recommend you to try them! I made BBQ ground beef to add into these tacos but you can add in shredded chicken, ground turkey or anything you like! The key is the crispy tortilla! Also, when you dip it in guac, it’s a winner.
Crispy Pan-Fried BBQ Tacos
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz ground beef or other ground meat
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella i used vegan
- guacamole as a side
- Preheat skillet to low medium heat with olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, then add in ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add in bell peppers to cook for 1 more minute, then stir in spinach until wilted. Remove from pan and leave to side.
- Add a tad bit more oil to pan and add corn tortillas to warm up. I let both sides warm up and get a little crispy first. Next, add about 2-3 tbsp worth of the grounds mixture, 1-2 tbsp of mozzarella and then fold in half.
- Cook until both sides get crispy and light brown, and the cheese starts melting! Serve with guac!