An easy traditional Chinese dish that requires only a couple of ingredients! This was a common dish on the table growing up! This only takes under 15 minutes to make and is both savory, tangy and sweet!
I remember having this dish so often growing up! I also remember it was one of my favorites and I’d ask my mom to make it all the time! Little did I know it was actually super simple to make!
The tangy tomatoes and fluffy scrambled eggs with pinch of sugar is such a flavorful dish delicious on some rice!
I used a mix of both white and brown rice! I usually do a ratio of half white rice and half brown rice 🙂
Scrambled Tomato and Eggs
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 stalk green onion for garnish
- Cut tomatoes into small chunks and leave to side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat with sesame oil. Add in garlic to cook for 10 seconds. Pour in eggs and cook until eggs are just done. Don’t overcook! Remove from pan when done.
- Add more oil to pan and add in tomatoes to cook until softened and mushy. Add eggs back in and scramble together with salt and brown sugar.
- Serve on top of rice with chopped green onions!