This is a great way to use up leftovers or day-old rice! The flavors with the fermented kimchi, juices and gochujang brings out the color and delicious flavors! So delicious with an egg on top with sesame seeds and seaweed!
Whenever I have leftover rice, I make fried rice! I’ve made beef, chicken and tofu fried rice but kimchi fried rice is a fave if I have some kimchi at home! This time, I added in shrimp and edamame! I have another version of my Kimchi Fried Rice here ! I also recommend making my 10 minute Korean Cucumber Salad to pair as an appetizer!
The fried egg on top is a must. So delicious broken into the rice and mixed together. I usually make the yolk runny with a sunny side up egg but in pregnancy, only fully cooked eggs are allowed! SOON. I have about 2 months left until my due date!! February can’t come soon enough.. but at the same time I’m trying to enjoy this precious pregnancy time!
The shrimp and edamame added some extra protein and textures so the dish was more filling! This recipe makes enough for 4 servings so you’ll have enough for lunch or dinner the next day!
Shrimp and Edamame Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi juices
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Sesame oil, green onions, sesame seeds, seaweed
- Preheat pan to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook shrimp until pink. Season with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp from pan and leave to side.
- Add other 1 tbsp of oil to pan and oil to cook for 1 minute. Add chopped kimchi and edamame to cook for another 1 minutes on low medium heat.
- Add in rice, kimchi juices, gohujang, cooked shrimp and gochujang sauce until all mixed thoroughly.
- Finish up with drizzling with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with fried egg on top!