Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! These are flavorful, juicy and crunchy and perfect for dipping in this 5-ingredient spicy garlic mayo!
I love crusted and battered chicken! It’s so good as an appetizer dipped in ketchup but I switched it up by baking these nuggets and making a garlic mayonnaise dip.
These were a hit and the batch was finished in no time! Jovin loved it. I made this with shrimp before and added it into tacos which was just as amazing. If you’re looked for another version of crusted fried chicken, this is it! I used crushed up corn flakes in this recipe which was surprisingly super delicious and made the crust extra golden brown!!
Baked Cornflake Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking pan with baking sheet and oil spray.
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls for coating/dipping; one with whole wheat flour, one with a whisked egg and one with crushed corn flakes, sea salt, garlic, cumin, basil and paprika.
- First, coat chicken chunks in flour. Next, dip into egg. Lastly, coat both sides with seasoned cornflake mixture.
- Place onto baking pan, spray with more oil and then bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven to toss once and bake for another 15 minutes!