This asian-inspired sweet beef recipe comes together in just 15 minutes. There were flavors of sesame, garlic, ginger and a hint of sweetness from brown sugar. Such a perfect easy weeknight dinner!
I love quick meals so this was definitely ideal!! Pair this in a bowl with a bed of rice and fresh veggies like cucumbers, carrots or your veggies of choice and you got yourself an easy and nutritious meal! This recipe is usually made with ground beef but I substituted with a plant-based option. I’ve made this recipe with both ground beef and plant-based grounds – both delicious options!
One thing I really miss from eating out is korean bibimbap bowls, sushi and hot soups/ramen. I personally don’t like to get soup noodles or sushi to go because they taste SO much better served fresh. For now, I’m trying to remake some flavors at home!! This recipe has been made over 5 times in the past month and I don’t plan to stop anytime soon.
Korean Sweet “Beef” Bowl
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 pound ground meat of choice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 stalks chopped green onions
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Preheat pan to low-medium heat with sesame oil. Add in ground beef or other grounds of choice and cook with garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in brown sugar and soy sauce and cook until meat is coated in sauce. Turn off heat and stir in green onions
- Place onto bed of rice and garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds!