A colder weather recipe made in the Instantpot! So cozy and flavorful with tender pieces of beef and veggies! This is a recipe you can make ahead of even freeze in soup cubes for future meals!
I’ve been finding ways to use my Instantpot more because I know it’ll be very helpful postpartum! I’m trying many quick meals, especially ones where I just make all in one pot or take under 30 minutes.
This is a recipe I would love postpartum because it’s comforting, has protein, veggies and starch all in one!
The beef pieces are so tender and cook so perfectly! The soup also lasts well in the fridge – I had it for 3 days straight after making it! It can also be frozen in cubes for future meals.
Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast or lean beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound baby potatoes halved
- 5 large carrots chopped into 2" large chunks
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes wedged
- 32 oz low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, add meat with garlic, rosemary, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper. Coat meat completely and toss together. Leave to side.
- Cut up potatoes, carrots, onion and tomatoes.
- Set your Instantpot to sauté function and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until beef is almost fully cooked through. Drain excess liquid if needed.
- Add in potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, beef broth and worcestershire sauce.
- Close lid and make sure it is set to “sealing” and not “venting”.
- Cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. When done, change seal to “venting” and allow to vent for 10 minutes before removing lid!