Make these for the holiday season! Made with fresh cranberries, rolled oats, brown sugar and warm cinnamon! These are chunky and chewy! The fresh cranberries bring a fresh flavor to the cookie!
I’m in a phase of loving fresh cranberries in baking! I made a Cranberry Orange Loaf recently and after, I HAD to make another recipe with fresh cranberries… so these cookies were born!
Fresh cranberries are so much better than dried cranberries in these cookies! There’s some juiciness in each bite along with the chunkiness and chewiness.
I love almost any cookie with oatmeal! Oatmeal raisin, oatmeal chocolate chip – you name it! I love the oatmeal taste 🙂
Chunky Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil softened
- 2 large eggs
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cookie baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, cane sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In another large bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in rolled oats.
- Add fresh cranberries into a bowl and toss with flour, then toss into cookie mixture to incorporate.
- Scoop dough in 1 1/2-inch portions onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely.