Soft and moist brownie cake with a thin crusted tahini layer and chocolate chips inside and on top! These are made with almond flour so it’s gluten-free and sweetened with maple syrup! This brownie cake makes for a great snacking cake!
There’s just something about tahini that brings a subtle nutty flavor that works in both savory and sweet foods! I love tahini sauce in my bowls, with kabobs or salads!
I’ve made several baked goods with tahini like Gooey Chocolate Chip Tahini Blondies, Chocolate Chunk Tahini Mug Cake and Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies! Now that I’m reminded of those recipes, I want to make one!
This recipe is like a cake texture with a crusty tahini top layer that brings more texture to each bite. Think soft moist chocolate cake with a light crisp on top! Of course, chocolate chips are needed inside and on top!
Chocolate Tahini Swirl Brownie Cake
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy tahini unsalted
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teapsoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy tahini
- more chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8×8 baking pan with liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, tahini, maple syrup and vanilla to whisk.
- Add in almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt to mix until just incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to baking pan and smooth tops with spatula. Drizzle creamy tahini on top and use a toothpick to create swirls. Add more chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 5 mins before transferring to cooling rack! Cut into squares when cooled!