Roasted butternut squash, sautéed bell peppers, onions and baby spinach baked with eggs! The butternut squash brings a sweet kick to this savory recipe! A delicious egg bake to make ahead for busy mornings, brunch and for the holidays!
This recipe easily became one of my favorites. Not only because it’s an egg dish but because the butternut squash makes it so unique and brings a sweet kick!
I also have a breakfast egg and turkey bake recipe that you will also love! They’re both delicious breakfast recipes you can make ahead of time!
My two favorite toppings for egg dishes is some hot sauce and ketchup. It’s such a minor condiment but makes a huge difference!
I’ll be making this recipe again for sure!
Butternut Squash Egg Bake (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash cubed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 6 cups baby spinach packed
- Olive oil for cooking
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 8 inch round baking dish.
- In a large pan, cook butternut squash for 5 minutes until softened. Add in garlic, onions and bell peppers. When softened, add in spinach to wilt and mix.
- Transfer veggies to greased baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.