This loaf is so moist, dense but still fluffy and filled with spices; cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg and cloves! It’s also gluten-free since it’s made with almond flour! It’s amazing how you can sneak in veggies but can’t even taste it! This loaf is perfect for a snack and even for kids!
Carrot cake is more of a fall baked items, but I love it year round. There’s just something about carrot cake that gets me excited every time! Whenever I’m at a coffee shop and there’s a carrot cake in the bakery section, there’s a high chance I’ll pick carrot cake! I love adding some sort of texture in there too – either walnuts or dried fruit!
I made another Raisin Pecan Carrot Cake Loaf with a cream cheese frosting and mixed in walnuts. Both of them are just as delicious!
I’ve been back into my normal routine again and it’s so nice! I’m back at my favorite place in the morning – Barrys! I’ve been spending more time with friends and family too. It’s so sweet and important to have community. I can continue to do work and more work – but the valuable time with others is something I can’t ever get back!
Reminder to spend time with your loved ones 🙂 Make them feel loved and appreciated.
Carrot Spice Cranberry Loaf with Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup coconut oil softened
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrots about 3 carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare loaf pan with parchment paper or spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together softened coconut oil and sugar. Add in eggs.
- Mix in flour, sea salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder and baking soda.
- Grate carrots and fold into batter. Toss in cranberries until combined. Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. While loaf is baking, mix together glaze – juice of 1 lemon and confectioners sugar.
- When loaf is done baking, allow to cool completely before pouring glaze over the tops. Cut into 8 slices!