Creamy noodles with asparagus and mushrooms! The sauce is made from peanut butter, miso and soy sauce! These taste like a version of dandan noodles and is so simple to make!
Today I was just thinking about how it’s ALREADY JUNE??! Time seriously flies by! June 6 is actually my 2 year anniversary! We’ve been really busy with work so we are just going to take that night to get dinner together 🙂 I still haven’t picked a restaurant but I will soon – I’m thinking sushi! We tend to always pick sushi for birthdays and celebrations!
Reflecting back on the two years, there’s been so much growth, but also some hardships and difficulties we endured together. We got married during the pandemic, so it was a unique backyard experience with only our immediate family. What a time! I don’t regret any of it – it taught us so much & was such a memorable time.
This week is a short week but there’s also so much to do! I made this noodles last week I wish I had again this week. I just need to buy more rice noodles!
These are so so creamy and have both asparagus and mushrooms tossed in so it’s a completely vegan meal! You can also add tofu if you want some plant protein 🙂 Green onions and chili oil is a must for these noodles! They add a kick that completes each bite!
Vegan Peanut Butter Spicy Miso Noodles
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup asparagus chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha optional
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- chili oil
- green onions
- In a bowl, whisk together sauce, leave to side.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles, but leave 1/4 cup reserved pasta water on the side.
- Preheat a pan to low medium heat with olive oil. Add garlic to cook mushrooms and asparagus for 2 minutes until softened. Turn off heat.
- Add noodles back into pot and toss in veggies and sauce. Serve on plate garnish with green onions and chili oil!