Think cinnamon rolls, but savory pizza style! If you think marinara sauce is limited to pasta, this will change your mind! These are soft, fluffy and filled with warm, melty cheese in each bite!
Elevate your pizza nights with these cute little savory pizza rolls! I used pizza dough, rolled it out like cinnamon rolls, added my pepperoni, marinara and cheese, then baked until melty and crisp!
These rolls are a perfect appetizer, party food and kid-friendly!
I added pepperoni but feel free to use an alternative protein option like turkey sausage or other ground meat! You can even make it vegetarian by only using cheese!
If you love pizza and fluffy rolls, this recipe is for YOU.
Cheesy Marinara Baked Pizza Rolls
- 1 bag pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese or regular cheese
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare pizza dough from scratch or buy pre-made crust. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle, about a 16×10 size.
- Brush tops with olive oil and marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with pepperoni and cooked sausage. Sprinkle fresh basil, italian seasoning and garlic.
- Roll up like a jelly roll style, starting on the long side. Make it as even as possible, pinch the ends to seal. Cut into 9 slices.
- Place in a greased 8×8 glass casserole baking dish or 9 inch cast-iron skillet. Add a sprinkle of cheese on top if desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until sides are golden browned. Cool for 5 minutes before separating the rolls. Leftovers should be placed in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!