A favorite candy bar growing up! These are a much more simple version made with just 5 ingredients! Graham crackers, nut butter, maple syrup, dark chocolate and coconut oil!
Those red candy wrappers from kitkats just bring me back to my childhood! They were on my top 3 list along with Crunch bars and Twix! Also, I have a Twix bars recipe on my blog!
This is an easy recipe that won’t take up much of your time! It only requires 5 ingredients. Personally, the less ingredients the better because it makes cooking and food prep that much easier!
I highly recommend making these as a treat for yourself or for your kids! They won’t take up much time and are super yummy!
Homemade KitKat Bars
- 8 sleeves graham crackers
- 1/4 cup nut butter of choice almond, peanut or cashew
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Break graham cracker sheets in half, then into another half. One sheet will provide 4 pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond butter + maple syrup.
- Stack 3 graham cracker pieces together, adding a small slather of nut butter mixture in between to “glue” together. Repeat with remaining graham cracker pieces.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwavable bowl. Coat graham pieces completely and place on a tray with parchment paper.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour for chocolate to harden before enjoying! If you want the drizzle on top, place dipped cookies in fridge for 15 minutes, remove from fridge to drizzle and then place back into the fridge for another 45 minutes!