A recipe ready in just 10 minutes in the Instantpot! This recipe is fragrant, flavorful and is filled with comforting kabocha squash – my favorite winter squash! Serve on top of rice for a comforting and cozy meal this winter season!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe to cook on a busy weeknight and will last for several meals, this is the one for you! All you need to do is chop up your ingredients, saute in the Instantpot and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes!
I added in onion, bell peppers and kabocha squash! The squash will help thicken up the curry so it’s not a watery consistency! After the recipe is done, let it sit for a while to thicken up and serve on top of rice!
Kabocha squash is my favorite winter squash 🙂 I love to bake it as wedges, add them into salads and soups/curries!
Chicken and Kabocha Squash Curry (Dairy-Free)
- 1 pound chicken breast skinless, boneless, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 2 cups kabocha squash cut into 1" wedges
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, unsalted
- 1 15 oz full-fat coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add oil into instantpot over the saute setting and add chicken and onions to cook, for about 3 minutes.
- Add in kabocha squash, sliced red bell peppers, diced tomatoes, coconut cream, garlic, curry powder, sea salt and black pepper. Stir together.
- Secure lid and turn to “SEAL”. Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Quick release pressure by changing to “venting”. Serve over rice!