A simple 5 minute sandwich with vegan sliced and shredded cheese and sautéed spinach. The crispy wheat bread was pressed in a panini maker until crisp and golden brown. This is a delicious option for my dairy-free friends!
I love a good classic grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup but I decided to change it up and make it with vegan cheese! I’m lactose intolerant so this was such a good alternative!!
I used the brand Violife Foods for both the sliced and shredded cheese. I also added in some spinach for some veggies! The bread I used here is Multigrain bread from Tartine Bakery so it’s crisp artisan bread.
I’m obsessed with sandwiches with crisp breads and warm insides! I’ve made this several times already!
Vegan Grilled Cheese and Spinach Sandwich
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach packed
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices vegan cheese I used Violife
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegan butter
- Add a slice of cheese on each half slice of bread and top with shredded cheese.
- Preheat pan to medium heat with olive oil and garlic to cook spinach until wilted. Add cooked spinach on top of cheese and close up sandwich. Spread 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegan butter on both sides of sandwich.
- Add onto preheated pan or panini maker to cook until browned on both sides!