Such a delicious savory combo with grilled crispy bread, creamy mashed avocado, melty vegan cheese, tomatoes, vegan pesto and egg! This would be delicious for breakfast or lunch!
Grilling the bread makes the sandwich taste SO much better! I love crispy artisan bread – when it gets a golden brown! This sandwich satisfies my savory cravings! I’ve made this sandwich multiple times and I can’t get enough!
It’s pretty filling too – it’s got carbs, healthy fats and protein! When I have this combo in the morning, it fills me up until lunch time!
I used vegan cheese and vegan pesto but you can use actual cheese too!
Grilled Avocado, Egg and Pesto Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto I used TJ's
- 2 slices vegan cheese I used Violife
- Handful of shredded cheese
- 1 scrambled egg
- 3-4 tomato slices
- Everything but the bagel seasoning to taste
- Lay slices of bread on a flat cutting board or plate. Add mashed avocado on one slice and top with tomato and egg.
- On the other slice, top with pesto and both cheeses. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over both slices.
- Fold avocado + egg slice of toast over to make a sandwich. Preheat pan with butter on low medium heat and grill until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side.