Light yet flavorful poached chicken! A simple and hearty recipe perfect served with some steamed rice and veggies! This was a chicken recipe I grew up with and I love it so much!
I make this when I want a light and nutritious pairing to my meals! This chicken is so flavorful and simple to make!
Chinese Ginger Scallion Poached Chicken
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 slices ginger
- 3 scallions whole white parts cut off
Soy Ginger Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive or sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1/2 cup reserved water from cooking chicken
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 4 scallions finely chopped
- Fill a large pot with 6 cups of water to boil. Add in chicken drumsticks, ginger slices and scallions. Bring back to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is done boiling, turn off heat but allow to sit in pot covered for another 1 minute.
- Prepare a bowl with ice water and add cooked chicken drumsticks for 20 minutes until completely cool.
- When chicken is in the ice water, prepare sauce by mixing oil, soy sauce, sugar, reserved water, ginger and scallions together.
- When chicken is done, shred pieces onto serving plate. Pour sauce on top and serve!