This is a staple Chinese dish that takes 20 minutes to make! The tangy tomatoes and fluffy scrambled eggs with pinch of sugar is a flavorful dish delicious over some rice! I ate this all the time growing up so this brings me back to my childhood!
This recipe just requires a few ingredients. Eggs and tomatoes are the mains and the rest is just salt, pepper, pinch of sugar, oil, water and garlic powder. It’s really simple!
Every time I recreate a recipe from my childhood, I send a photo to my mom! She loves seeing the remakes! I love being to embrace my Chinese culture & sharing foods I grew up with!
Chinese Tomato & Egg Stir-Fry
This is a staple Chinese dish that takes 20 minutes to make! The tangy tomatoes and fluffy scrambled eggs with pinch of sugar is a flavorful dish delicious over some rice!
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- green onions for garnish
- Cut tomatoes into small chunks and leave to side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs with 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat with oil. Pour in eggs and scramble until eggs are just done. Don’t overcook! Remove from pan immediately when done.
- Add more oil to pan and add in tomatoes to cook for 2 minutes. Add eggs back in and scramble together with sugar, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 cup water (more as needed) depending on if tomatoes are cooking up all the liquid quickly.
- Serve on top of rice with chopped green onions!
Leave a Reply