Gluten-free chocolate chip tahini cookies with crispy toppings, crunchy edges and chewy centers! Tahini is the secret ingredient here that brings richness to the entire baked good with a mild nutty taste that isn’t overpowering at all!
When it comes to cookies, I prefer chewy over crunchy! These are thick, chewy and met all the favorite textures I love about a cookie! These are made with almond flour so it’s gluten free.
The tahini and almond flour both contribute to a mild sweet nutty taste which makes this cookie unique!
I recommend using smooth tahini in this recipe. If you tahini isn’t too runny, you may need to add in 1-2 teaspoons almond milk. Add in milk as needed when all ingredients are combined! The cookie dough should be a bit sticky but still scoop-able onto a baking sheet.
Tahini is ground sesame seeds. It’s similar in consistency of nut butter, packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats!
Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup smooth unsalted tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, creamy tahini, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add in coconut sugar, almond flour, baking powder and sea salt. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tbsp amounts of cookie dough onto baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Don’t press down dough. Bake for 12 minutes or until top gets a light golden color.
- Allow cookies to set and cool for 10 minutes before eating!
[…] Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies and Lemon Tahini Sauce! […]