A simple and quick breakfast or dessert ready in 90 seconds! Made with gluten-free almond flour, nut butter, cacao powder and melty chocolate on top!
I’ve been loving mug cakes a little extra recently. Why? It’s just so easy to prepare in the morning! All the ingredients are whisked together inside the mug and microwaved for 90 seconds. I usually like to also add some nut butter or sliced bananas on top. This would also be a great snack in the afternoon when mid-day hunger hits!
Recently, I’ve been making a list of new breakfast and lunch foods to recreate at home! I find myself inching towards more savory lunch recipes since I’m not as creative with breakfast. I just eat toasts all the time – almond butter with banana or mashed avocado and eggs. Those combos satisfy every time!!
Also, is it just me but do others also crave a banana every single day?? It’s one of my favorite foods to have on toast, with nut butter or just by itself. It’s one of those easy fruits you don’t need to wash before eating! It’s a quick grab and go y’know??
I go through phases for breakfast (other than toasts because that’s always a thing) – currently it’s mug cakes and french toast! This one is a simple and favorite quick breakfast I’ve been loving!
There is also another almond butter chocolate chunk mug cake recipe I recently shared!
Hope you love it if you make it!! xx
Double Chocolate Chunk Mug Cake (Gluten-Free)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Chocolate chips, chunks or cups
- A simple and quick breakfast or dessert ready in 90 seconds! Made with gluten-free oat flour, nut butter, cacao powder and melty chocolate on top!
- Add rest of ingredients in and whisk together. Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Top with chocolate chunks/chips and allow them to melt on top. Add almond butter on top! Allow to chocolate to melt and cake to cool down for 1 minute before digging in!
Leave a Reply