Juicy chicken breasts with a blend of garlic and tangy flavors with a hint of honey! This recipe will be delicious on top of rice, in your bowls, burritos, tacos and salads! It’s a perfect busy weeknight dinner that you can make extras of for lunch the next day!
I’ve been in a baked chicken phase! Back in the days, I was not very open to baked chicken recipes because they always easily tried back. However, I’ve been testing our different recipes and they turn out delicious every time because I’m cooking it at high heat and for a shorter amount of time!
Cilantro-lime is a flavor that is surprisingly super delicious as a marinade for chicken breast! I added a touch of honey for sweetness, to balance out the tanginess! The chicken needed to be marinated for 15 minutes so while waiting, I was preparing my Cucumber & Red Onion Salad. This entire plate was so fresh, herby and so flavorful with minimal ingredients!
I used both the grill pan and oven. The grill pan was to brown the outsides and the oven was to cook the insides. This method has helped me keep chicken moist because if I were to cook it all on the grill pan, it may get dry!
I had the chicken on top of some quinoa brown rice. I mixed together 1 cup tricolor quinoa, 1 cup brown rice and 3 1/2 cups water in my rice cooker.
By the way, the rice cooker is a lifesaver! I never make stovetop rice anymore because it tends to stick and takes more of my attention. Rice in the rice cooker only requires me to wash the rice, add enough water, press a button to cook, and then it will alarm when it’s done! Super easy! I highly recommend to invest in a rice cooker because it makes perfect rice every time 🙂
Cilantro-Lime Chicken Breasts (Easy Weeknight Dinner!)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, honey, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes. Place chicken breasts into bowl to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat with olive oil. Place chicken breasts onto pan and cook until the outsides are browned. Add more of the sauce as needed.
- Transfer to baking pan and bake for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. I usually cut open the thickest chicken breast to check for doneness! Top with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes!