Fall-inspired curry recipe made with butternut squash puree, butternut squash cubes and tofu for an easy vegan meal! So flavorful and packed with nutty sweet flavors and fresh veggies!
Recently, I’ve been switching my schedule around and shooting later in the day. Lighting just seems to be better in my apartment around early afternoon! In the morning, I wake up, get in a workout in my living-room (either a jog or strength training) and then make breakfast! I use to eat breakfast over the sink while testing a recipe. I felt all over the place! Now, I make a coffee/matcha, then sit down to do some planning/emails. I’ve been starting this new habit and it’s made all the difference!
I’ve also been using a habit tracker for the past several months. Some of my habits include working out, devotional/prayer time, instagram post, blog post, sleeping by 11pm, waking up by 7am and all 3 homecooked meals. Most of these habits are doing well except sleeping by 11pm. It’s so hard for me to get in bed by then! Usually, I’ll get into the habit of it for a week or two, and then I fall off the train. I need to do something to make this a better habit I stick with!
Things have been pretty busy so I’ve actually only stepped into a grocery store once this September. I have 8 cans of sweet potato/butternut squash/pumpkin puree in my pantry for baked goods, breakfast items like pancakes and waffles and now, curry! Fall recipes are my favorite. They are nutty, sweet and filled with so much cozy comfort!
Nutrition in Butternut Squash
Butternut squash has a mildly sweet and nutty flavor. When pureed, it can taste a bit like sweet potato. It contains many nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium. Butternut squash brings a cozy feel to many dishes! Sometimes, when a recipe asks for pumpkin puree, I would substitute it with butternut squash puree!
The fresh veggies I used in this recipe is bell peppers. onions and broccoli! You can use what you have. Some other great options would be sugar snap peas, snow peas, green beans or mushrooms!
It’s officially fall, so be ready for all the fall recipes 🙂 I’m so excited! I hope you are too!
Vegan Tofu Butternut Squash Curry
- 1 tbsp avocado/oilpreheat your saucepan to low-medium heat with oil. cook minced garlic until fragrant, then add in veggies and butternut squash to cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cup veggies bell peppers, onions, broccoli
- 1 cup butternut squash cubed
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups butternut squash puree
- 1 15-oz extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh cilantro and cashews, for toppings
- Preheat your saucepan to low-medium heat with oil.
- Cook minced garlic until fragrant, then add in veggies and butternut squash to cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Pour in coconut milk and butternut squash puree, mix well.
- Add in tofu, chili powder, cumin, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Place on top of rice with clantro and crushed cashews!
Leave a Reply