These cinnamon almond butter energy balls are a great pre-workout snack or a quick mid-day snack! They’re gluten-free and have hemp & chia seeds for a superfood boost!
These only take 10 minutes to roll together! I used almond butter in this recipe. Almond butter is a great source of plant-based protein, fiber and monounsaturated fats. You can also substitute it with peanut butter or cashew butter!
Making energy balls is one of my favorite snacks to make on top of baking bread loaves. I’ve made so many batches of energy balls over the years. They start with a base of nut butter, sweetener (honey or maple syrup) and a flour/raw oats. Depending on what I have and want, I add in collagen powder, protein powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cacao nibs or shredded coconut.
Cinnamon Almond Butter Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Coconut Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut cinnamon sugar coating.
- Roll energy balls in the coconut cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Eat right away or leave in the fridge in a sealed bag/container until ready to snack on!