Dark crispy edges with a warm gooey center! This makes one large cookie when you don’t want to make a batch and just want one large cookie to yourself!
If I can throw in some chocolate chips into a cookie recipe, you bet I’d do it! The warm and gooey chocolate chips after baking is my favorite!
I used quick cooking oats! Make sure you don’t use irish or steel-cut oats!
Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie (Recipe for a Single Cookie)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips more for topping
- In a small bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in egg yolk and vanilla to mix.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and sea salt until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F and place into fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- When dough is done chilling, transfer dough onto baking sheet, pressing down lightly and bake for 20 minutes until edges appear a golden brown.
- Let cookie cool for 5 minutes on tray then transfer to cooling rack for another 10 minutes to cool completely!