A super easy recipe that will bring you comfort! It’s light, tasty and takes minimal time to prepare on those busy nights!
I grew up ordering wonton noodle soup or wonton soup at Chinese restaurants! It was one of my mom’s favorite dishes too! I had no idea it was so easy to prepare. It brings a different sense of comfort when I eat my childhood dishes as an adult. Anyone else agree?
I’ve been on a bokchoy craving (super pregnancy craving), but at least it’s a vegetable! During first trimester, I avoided all fruits and veggies and only wanted carbs and meat – like burgers, fries, hotdogs, haha!
Also, I’m 35 weeks now WOW. Time is flying by! I have my 36 week ultrasound next week to check if baby is head down and ready to go! I’m so nervous but beyond excited for baby to be out because the discomfort during these last couple weeks is a struggle! I’ll still be here though – but maybe quiet right after her arrival to focus on our new little miracle! <3
Anyways, onto the recipe 🙂
East 10-Minute Chicken Wonton Soup
- 16 wontons I used bibigo chicken cilantro wonton
- 4-5 bundles bokchoy
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 slices ginger optional
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce optional
- In a large pot, add in chicken broth, water, garlic, ginger, bouillon and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, then bring down to a simmer.
- Add in wontons to simmer for 5 minutes, depending on package instructions. When wontons are done cooking, add in bok choy to simmer for another 2 minutes, add in green onions, stir and turn off heat. Serve warm!