Easy 30-minute chicken noodle soup with carrots, spinach, egg noodles and chicken! This is a classic soup recipe you can’t go wrong with on those cold days!
I grew up eating lots of soup and porridge when I was sick or whenever the weather was a bit cold. This was a recipe that I also got often whenever I went to Souplantation on a cold day! Sad they’re all closed now though 🙁
This was a lot easier than I expected! The best part about soups is how everything is thrown into one pot. When to add in the ingredients or how long they will be in there for is the harder part. For example, the carrots are added earlier because they take longer to get soft, compared to the spinach which is stirred in after the heat is off!
It hasn’t been raining over here in LA often – but sprinkles here and there so the weather isn’t too cold yet. I would say in the next 2ish months, the rain will pick up! I’ll be making this again for sure!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz chicken breast chopped
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large pot to medium heat with olive oil to cook minced garlic. Add in chopped chicken breast and cook until juices run clear. Remove from pan and add more olive oil. Add in carrot, celery and onion. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, egg noodles, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until egg noodles are cooked through. Add in cooked chicken breast and simmer for about 2 minutes. Turn off heat, stir in spinach and serve!
[…] Easy Chicken Noodle Soup — WINNIESBALANCE […]