A staple at many Chinese restaurants with “egg ribbons” from the stirring of eggs into the broth! This is better than the restaurant and only takes 15 minutes! You’ll be surprised with how easy this is!
So simple, easy and one of my favorite Chinese soups! This has ingredients you likely already have at home – broth, oil, cornstarch, water, eggs and corn. That’s it!
If you have 15 minutes, this soup is a must 🙂
Egg Drop Soup (Easy, Ready in under 15-minutes!)
- 4 cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 -14.5 oz canned corn kernels
- Add chicken bone broth into a pot and bring to a smaller. Add in oil and sea salt.
- Add in cornstarch and water mixture. Stir continuously to prevent separation.
- Continue to stir soup in circular motions while slowly drizzling in eggs. This will create the swirly list of “egg drops”.
- Garnish with green onions and serve!