This 20 minute dish only requires 4 simple ingredients. It’s one-pan, sweet and savory and better than your typical takeout! So simple and flavorful!
The combination of honey + garlic is music to my tastebuds!! I love adding garlic to basically all my savory dishes. Honey is one of my favorite sweeteners in asian stir-fries especially when paired with savory/citrus flavors like BBQ, lemon and other spreads.
The better thing about this is is that you can marinate the shrimp overnight, so it will be extra flavorful and ready to cook for next day. This can also be replaced with chicken or salmon which would be just as delicious!
I plated it with brown rice and roasted broccolini. For asian style dishes, I always like to garnish it with some fresh green onions.
I’ve been buying green onions about once every 3-4 weeks. I cut off the green parts to use, then add the roots into a jar of water. It will grow back to full length in about 5-7 days. It doesn’t need a lot of light. Just make sure you change the water ever 1-2 days!
Most recipes will call for 1-2 cloves garlic but I always double it. More garlic on board please. Salt, pepper and garlic powder are my three basic seasonings/flavors to all my veggies and most dishes!
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp fresh or ground ginger optional
- Mix honey garlic sauce together in a medium bowl and add in shrimp to marinate for 15 minutes. You can also marinate it overnight in your fridge if desired!
- Preheat pan to medium heat with olive oil and add in all of shrimp with 1/2 portion sauce.
- Slowly add in the rest of sauce as shrimp is cooking. It should cook quickly, about 5 minutes. Serve on top of rice and roasted veggies!