These turkey meatballs are loaded with veggies, a perfect dish to make ahead of time for quick weeknight meals. They’re delicious tossed into your favorite pasta dish!
I have cravings for meatballs very often! They’re delicious tossed in spaghetti, other pastas or zoodles. They’re even great in subs!
My love for turkey meatballs go way back. I use to buy frozen meatballs all the time but they’re actually not hard to make at all! They can be frozen and cooked/reheated when you’re ready to eat them!
Homemade meatballs are easily customizable. You pick your own ground beef, make it with or without cheese of choice and add in whatever veggies you have. I’m someone who always tries to sneak in veggies in whatever way I can – so these are packed with veggies!
These meatballs have red and green bell peppers, spinach and green onions. I tossed it in some cauliflower penne pasta, spinach, sautéed onions and marinara sauce.
This recipe makes a total of 12 meatballs! I have some extra meatballs that I plan to toss into another dish.
If you decide to make them, I hope you love them as much as I do!
Veggie Loaded Turkey Meatballs
- 16 oz (1 lb) ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup raw veggies chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil can sub 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
- oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a baking sheet with oil spray.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl to mix together.
- Roll into balls and place onto baking sheet, spraying extra oil spray on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes!