Bowtie pasta, arugula, roasted kabocha squash and brussel sprouts, pecans, cranberries tossed with balsamic dijon dressing! A great salad for the fall/winter season or Thanksgiving celebrations with your friends and family!
This recipe is a mix of different textures and flavors that you will love! There’s warm roasted squash and brussel sprouts with pasta, arugula and crunch from pecans! It’s a fall inspired recipe you can honestly make year round but it’s the perfect time during the fall Thanksgiving season!
I loved the balsamic dijon dressing that coats each bowtie pasta generously and flavors the roasted veggies! This dressing would go well with your favorite bowl of greens as well! So delicious!
Fall Pasta Salad with Kabocha Squash and Brussel Sprouts
- 1 kabocha squash cut into wedges
- 2 cups brussel sprouts halved
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 8 oz bowtie pasta
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup cranberries optional
Balsamic Dijon Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Prepare baking sheet with liner and add kabocha squash and brussel sprouts to toss with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp!
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain.
- In a large bowl, add arugula, kabocha squash and brussel sprouts, pasta, cranberries and crushed pecans. Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over to toss!