Savory and cozy tomato soup with pasta, veggies and turkey! This recipe was made all in one pot and simmered lightly to bring out flavors! Such a cozy weeknight meal!
If you’re looking for a comforting soup recipe on a cold night, this is the one for you! It makes enough for 6 servings so you’ll have leftovers for the next day or for your family! This warming, easy to make and packed with protein and veggies!
I’m currently in a phase of making soups from home because I can just throw everything into a pot to simmer! It’s simple and there’s nothing like a warm bowl of soup for dinner or lunch! So so cozy.
This nourishing meal takes under 30 minutes to prepare which is one of the best parts! It doesn’t require much prep time which is helpful if you’re running short on time. This will likely be a postpartum meal for me as I prepare for our baby’s arrival in just 14 weeks!!
Tomato Tortellini Soup with Turkey & Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1- 9 oz container tortellini
- 3 cups packed spinach
- Preheat a large pot to medium heat with olive oil. Add olive oil, garlic and onions to cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Push onions to one side of pot and add more oil as needed to cook ground turkey until cooked throughout. Add in crushed tomatoes and bone broth – bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, add red pepper flakes.
- When simmering, add in tortellini to cook until tortellini is done (according to package instructions – i simmered for 3 minutes! Add in spinach to wilt. Serve warm!