A festive holiday baked goodie with crackly tops, moist center and delicious molasses flavor! These spiced muffins have with cranberries and raisins but you can pick just one! Great for a Christmas morning breakfast or snack during this winter season!
If you’re wondering what to make as Christmas approaches this is it! I made these at the end of November because I was already getting into the holiday spirit!
There’s something about the flavors of molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and all those fall/winter spices that bring me comfort! The best is when the whole house smells like the baked good and the excitement for the fresh muffins!
My husband tried these and LOVED the crackly tops. Even the next day, they tasted just as good – just warm them up in the oven or microwave! I leave them on the countertops for 2 days and then the fridge for 2 more days. After, I freeze them in a freezer safe bag or container!
Spiced Gingerbread Muffins with Cranberries and Raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Dusting: powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together softened coconut oil, sugar, almond milk, eggs and vanilla extract. In another medium bowl, add molasses and hot water and stir until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and sea salt into coconut oil and sugar mixture. Add in molasses mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin because transferring to a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar!
[…] Gingerbread Muffins with Cranberries and Raisins — WINNIESBALANCE […]
[…] recently made Gingerbread Muffins and Gingerbread Oatmeal Cookies with Cinnamon Icing which are both recipes I highly […]