Gluten-free and dairy-free Italian Marinara Meatballs packed with fresh garlic and herbs! Made without breadcrumbs or cheese but still so flavorful! The fresh ingredients brings this recipe to life!
Fresh garlic and the aroma of herbs just bring this dish to life! You can make a batch of these delicious meatballs to toss into pastas and wraps! Meatballs is one of my favorite ways to cook ground meats since the herbs/seasonings and spices can vary each time. There are many recipes I make over and over again and these meatballs are one of those!
I love meatballs in pasta, zucchini noodles, macro bowls, sandwich subs and pita wraps! The ground beef can also be subbed with ground chicken or turkey if desired!
Italian Marinara Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef ground turkey works too
- 2 tablespoons stock or water
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or finely crushed GF crackers
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all meatball ingredients and roll into balls.
- Preheat pan with olive oil to low medium heat. Add bell peppers and zucchini to cook until softened.
- Wipe pan to clean, add more oil and add in meatballs to cook until all sides turn brown.
- Add in marinara sauce, capers and cooked veggies. Simmer for low or 2-3 minutes. Stir in spinach at the end until wilted, then turn off heat.
- Transfer to bowls with pasta! Top with fresh/dried basil!