A simple Korean stew that brings comfort in each sip! It’s also known as doenjang jjigae, which is perfect with a bowl of rice with your side appetizers!
I added in zucchini and tofu! You can also add in pork belly, beef, enoki mushroom, other veggies!
This is such a comforting recipe you can make in larger servings to heat up for future meals! I had this with some rice, pickled radish and spicy radish on the side!
I get my Korean ingredients from HMart !
Korean Soybean Paste Soup
- 4 cups water
- 1-14 oz block tofu cubed
- 1 medium zucchini sliced and halved
- 3 tablespoons soybean paste doenjang
- 1 teaspoon korean chili flakes, gochugaru optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- Chop tofu in cubes and slice zucchini. Thinly slice scallions into 1” pieces.
- In a large pot, add in water and bring to a boil. Whisk in soybean paste, gochugaru and garlic powder.
- Add in tofu and zucchini. Boil for 5 minutes, then add in scallions to boil for another minute. Serve with a bowl of rice!