These lemon and blueberry gluten-free cake bars are sweet, juicy and the perfect treat on a hot summer day! They are incredible easy to make and absolutely delicious!
These cake bars bring so much comfort during the summer! During the hot months, refreshing flavors lemon and berries are totally ideal. I eat according to what’s available during the season because that way, the food is at peak freshness and cheapest!
Shredded coconut is always in stock in my pantry. I use them to top off my breakfast foods like pancakes, waffles and toast! If shredded coconut works in the recipe, you bet I’ll be throwing some in for a kick of flavor in summer and citrus baked food.
I’ve been using so many berries in my baking – both fresh and frozen ones! They’re just so juicy and sweet. I can’t stop buying pints and pints of them every time I go to the grocery store or farmers market. For blueberries, I leave them in the fridge for 1-2 days, depending on how it visually looks before I wash and throw them into the freezer for future baking/smoothies.
Recently, I bought fruit and vegetable wash from Amazon. It’s the brand Nutribiotic. I add 3-4 drops into a bowl of water that has one pound strawberries. After, it soaks for about 1 minute before I wash it around with my hands and then drain and rinse it with water! All my fruits and veggies are washed this way before cooking or placing into the freezer!
I hope that everyone has been staying safe with quarantine and spending more time with family! <3 Moments like this may be hard but there will be growth and good that comes out of this. Sending you all lots of love!
Lemon Blueberry Coconut Cake Bars
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Add in oat flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before pouring lemon glaze on top and cutting into 9 bars! Top with extra shredded coconut!